Via Allier (V70) - Partie 4/5 : la Véloroute le long de l'Allier de Vic-le-Comte à Varennes-sur-Usson
Welcome to Via Allier, the route of Véloroute 70, this route proposes you to discover the Puy-de-Dôme department along the Allier river. The 112-kilometer route, from the Limagne plains to the north with his hilltop villages of the south of the department, is entirely marked out on low-traffic roads or cycle lanes. We propose a presentation in five parts of about 20 km each for a touristic discovery.
Today, the Via Allier is entirely marked out on a shared road in the departments of Puy-de-Dôme and Allier. Gradually, the route is equipped with sections of greenways. In a few months, the route will be marked out in the Cher and Haute-Loire.
> PART 4: From Vic-le-Comte to Varennes-sur-Usson.
This fourth section is near the town of Issoire where it is possible to go by bike. The reliefs formed by the different volcanic flows are characterized by valleys and rocky peaks often crowned with a construction made of local blond stone: a village, a castle or a chapel.
Services and equipment
|Activities :||Cycling sports, Cycle route and greenway|
|Daily duration :||55min|
|Distance :||18.3 km|
|Maximum altitude :||346 m|
|type of itinerary :||ALLER_ITINERANCE|
|Marked itinerary :||Yes|
- Via Allier (V70), la Véloroute le long de l'Allier - Partie 4/5 (Vic-le-Comte à Varennes-sur-Usson)1.46 Mo
- Véloroute Via Allier (V70) - Profil topographique - Section Vic-le-Comte à Varennes-sur-Usson122.69 Ko
- Automobilistes et cyclistes : la sécurité avant tout243.28 Ko
- Via Allier partie 4 63 GPX66.35 Ko
- Via Allier partie 4 63 KML28.64 Ko